Have your digital patent drafted by an industry-acclaimed expert
You know how to handle inventions in your industry domain, but this new IDF makes you scratch your head. The inventors talk about digital twins, deep neural networks, and how they do federated learning in the cloud. You ask yourself:
- Are these things “technical” at the European Patent Office?
- Should I include code in the description?
- Will my outside counsel know what to do?
- What if the EPO examiner challenges the application, objecting it doesn’t credibly achieve the alleged technical effect?
Imagine your digital patent is in safe hands
Picture this – You have an industry-acclaimed specialist patent attorney by your side just for these types of “digital” IDFs.
He has a proven strategy how to frame the invention and develop a compelling narrative to meet the latest EPO case law on computer-implemented inventions.
He engages on eye level with the inventors and gets them to describe the nitty-gritty software details.
The EPO examiner instantly comprehends the invention and issues a clear search report with minimal technicality, clarity and plausibility objections.
You feel confident that your digital patent is in the best possible shape.
Book a Patent Drafting Engagement
You will get a top-tier patent application for your invention in AI, IoT, Web3 and all things digital. If the IDF involves an algorithm or a digital business model, chances are I’ve worked on similar cases and have some creative ideas how to hook into the EPO’s framework for computer-implemented inventions.
Here’s how it works
A Patent Drafting Engagement typically unfolds as follows:
- You provide a well-crafted IDF
- We conduct a 1-hour inventor interview
- I draft a set of claims for your review
- I draft the full application, including feedback loops until it’s ready
A one-time Patent Drafting Engagement typically starts at 8,000.- €.
You may choose to file the application yourself, through your standard outside counsel, or through my firm.
Ready to get started?
Are you ready to take your digital patents to the next level? Fantastic! We can start the Patent Drafting Engagement right after conflicts are cleared.
Let’s do a quick conflict check:
No obligation whatsoever at this point! You can still decide not to work with me even after conflicts are cleared.
What will happen next? I’ll get back to you asap, typically within 24 hours. We can then set up a discovery call to figure out the scope, timing and budget of the engagement.
But don’t take my word for it
Here’s what my clients say:
I chose Bastian as Soul Machines’ EU patent representative because I know the EU has a notoriously high bar for accepting software-related inventions and wanted an expert in this space. Bastian did not disappoint: he knows the field inside and out and keeps up-to-date with the latest developments in computer implemented inventions, artificial intelligence, and digital business models.Antonia Modkova, Director of IP and Innovation at Soul Machines Limited
Working with Bastian Best and BESTPATENT was an excellent experience. His and his colleagues’ council was extremely valuable to me in building a valuable IP portfolio at our company. I did and do value his strategic advice and insights very highly – in particular, because Basti was keen and able to dive into the details of our business in order to help us implement the IP strategy that really suited our needs. Our business and technology advanced very rapidly and Basti and his team were able to keep up with our fast pace, advising on and helping draft applications just as rapidly. Basti is honest and transparent in his work and a pleasure to work with. I would recommend him as a patent lawyer to anyone searching for quick and effective assistance in that area.Malcolm Yadack, COO at AMERIA AG
Anyone who applies for a patent puts their trust and their future in the hands of the IP professional they work with. From this perspective, the decision to go with Bastian was easy for us. In fact, he is the best IP professional I have ever worked with. Bastian is deeply knowledgeable, highly intelligent and always considerate. He knows patent law and the system on every level, and works tirelessly on behalf of his clients. Yet, it is his integrity that led us to work with him. I could not think of a better person to trust with the future of our company.Chris Hanebeck, CEO at Truckl LLC
Still have questions?
- “Bastian, are you working on your own?” – No, almost always with a team. I believe that great work products are the result of competing viewpoints by diverse contributors with unique core competences. Depending on my client’s needs I draw from my network of specialists and allied law firms to put together the perfect team for every project.
- “Bastian, how much do you charge?” – I’m probably your most expensive option for the job. If you’re a price buyer, I’m happy to recommend a commodity law firm from my network.
Still have questions? No problem! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hi, I’m Bastian Best, a European patent attorney on a mission to help IP professionals upgrade their digital patents.
- I’m a German and European patent attorney with a computer science master’s degree (Dipl.-Inf.) who has been drafting nothing but software patents for 14 years.
- I teach digital patenting at ETH Zurich, in private workshops for patent law firms, and by public speaking.
- I was named one of “50 Leading Tech Voices” and an “AI Patent Expert” by the EPO as part of the 50th Anniversary of the European Patent Convention in 2023.
Ready to get started?
Great! Let’s get the conflict check out of the way:
Still not sure? Email me at email@example.com and we can set up a time to chat.